Have you struggled with weight loss? If you are like so many people who fight to lose a pound and keep it off, then you might want to learn about the revolutionary hCG diet. The hCG diet protocol has been around for decades helping people lose weight and keep it off. Weight loss with hCG injections is amazing! Please continue reading to learn about the history of the hCG diet and how hCG injections can help you with the necessary steps needed to attain weight loss success using the life-changing dietary plan.
The Founder of the hCG Diet
In 1954, Dr. Albert T.W. Simeon’s revolutionized weight loss with the invention of the hCG diet. The doctor was a well-respected endocrinologist who had dedicated his life to studying tropical diseases. In recognition of his accomplishments in studying deadly malaria he was awarded the Red Cross Order of Merit.
The Discovery of hCG for Weight Loss
Dr. Simeon’s work would often take him to third-world countries. He made great contributions to the study of malaria, leprosy, and the bubonic plague during his medical career, but his greatest achievement was the discovery of hCG injections to promote weight loss.
While in India, Dr. Simeon’s was studying malnourished pregnant women. He became fascinated because the mothers all gave birth to healthy infants despite their own dismal state. He launched a research into the phenomena and discovered that the human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), which is produced by the placenta, encouraged the body to pull from the pregnant mother’s last remaining fat reserves to nourish the growing fetus while in utero. This resulted in babies born at full term with acceptable weight even though the mother suffered malnourishment and ingested amazingly low calories during pregnancy. The hCG not only provided for the fetus but also fueled the energy needed by the mother for delivery.
Using hCG Injections for Weight Loss
After gathering such crucial information, Dr. Simeons’ started to study weight loss success with hCG injections. When the hormone was delivered to dieters who are placed on a low 500-750 calorie per day diet, then they still retained energy and did not suffer from overpowering hunger. The hCG injections encouraged their bodies to use their unwanted fat stores for fuel which caused dramatic weight loss. Overall, the dieter’s metabolism undergoes a complete reset which helps ensure long term weight loss success and promotes the ability to keep the pounds off long term. Weight loss is often a dramatic each week. In 1954, Dr. Simeons’ published his findings about the effects of hCG on weight loss in the bestseller, ‘Pounds and Inches: A New Approach to Obesity’. The book outlines how a person can take low doses of hCG combined with a low-calorie diet to lose weight and improve their metabolism to keep the weight off long term.
Embarking on the hCG Diet
If you want to lose weight, then the hCG diet might be an ideal option. However, the fear of embarking on a low-calorie diet can be daunting for many. You might wonder how you can subsist on such few calories, but rest assured with the assistance of hCG you will thrive while shedding unwanted pounds. The hCG helps you feel satisfied and energized
The Different Types of hCG
Thou you may research many forms of hCG, especially over the internet. Many choose injections because they are a quick and effective way to gain the instant benefits of the hormone. Without a doubt, injecting the hCG hormone is a fast and efficient way to deliver the hormone to the body. Please remember that authentic hCG injections require a prescription. You should always purchase hCG from a licensed US physician who uses a reputable US pharmacy to ensure you are obtaining reliable quality product produced under FDA guidelines.
Understanding the Phases of the hCG Diet Plan
If you have made the big decision to embark on the hCG diet, then you will want to learn about the stages of the dietary plan so you can achieve success.
Let’s explore the phases of the hCG diet and how to use hCG injections.
The Loading Phase: Phase One
The Loading Phase, also called Stage One, is the first part of the hCG diet. During the first 48 to 72 hours you are encouraged to consume an abundance of foods that are high in protein and fat. Plus, don’t overlook carbs. This initial first step in the diet is critical because it will help satisfy your body as you go forward. It will also curb your cravings as your system adjusts to the hCG injections. You will start the injections on first day of Phase One of the diet.
Using hCG Injections
On the first day of Phase One of the hCG diet you will inject yourself as part of the beginning of the diet.
The hCG injections will help with the following:
- Eliminate food cravings
- Stop fat accumulation in trouble spots
- Reduce fatty tissue
- Improve your body’s metabolic process
- Boost and reset your metabolism
Purchasing hCG Injections
In the USA, you must have a prescription to obtain hCG injections. It is imperative that you work with a reputable company like Complete Diet Solutions so a physician will guide you every step of the way through the process of administering the injections to the various component of the hCG diet.
Tips for Using hCG Injections
Here are a few tips on how to use hCG injections on day one of the hCG diet.
- Change the injection areas regularly to prevent bruising and pain.
- Always wash your hands prior to injecting yourself with hCG.
- Wash the area where you will be administering the injection and thoroughly dry it.
- Use a small alcohol pad to sanitize the injection site.
- Open the vial and remove the needle’s cap.
- Pull the plunger back on the syringe and look closely to make sure that there is no air in the chamber.
- Plunge the needle into the rubber top of the vial.
- Turn the vial upside down
- Pull the plunger back to suck out the hormone.
- Double check to make sure that you have inserted the correct dosage into the needle.
- Pinch a few inches of loose skin on your body in the targeted area.
- Insert the needle into the skin at a 45- or 90-degree angle.
- Pull the plunger back to make sure there is no blood. If there is blood, then pull out the needle and repeat the process using a clean needle. You do not want to inject the hormone into a vein.
- Depress the plunger on the syringe.
- Remove the needle and discard.
- Place a bandage over the area.
After an hCG injection it is not uncommon for the area to be sensitive or even a bit swollen. You can apply an ice pack on the location for 10 to 15 minutes to bring relief please.
Please remember, vials of hCG must be refrigerated.
Understanding the hCG Dosage Instructions
Once you mix the liquid with the powder (a process known as reconstitution) then it’s time to fill a syringe with the hCG to the 15 mark, which is 0.15ml. You will only need to administer one dose per day to reap the benefits. Try to take the medication at the same time each day. Most physicians recommend administering the hCG injection in the morning for best results throughout the day.
The Second Phase of the hCG Diet
You have been taking your hCG since the first day and now it’s time to enter the Second Phase of the hCG diet. This is the part of the diet where you will start seeing results. At this time, you will eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. It is important to follow Dr. Simeons dietary suggestions and not exceed the 500-750 calories per day.
Here are a few tips during Phase Two.
- Prepare your meals in advance because it decreases temptation and makes the process easier.
- It is okay to cut your serving of vegetables in half to enjoy as a snack. This way you can create a small salad that cuts the cravings and keeps you feeling full throughout the day. You can also save your fruit portion of the meal as a snack for later. Consuming a strawberry or a tasty apple wedge not only tastes delicious but also gives you a much-needed sugar boost during the mid-day when you might start feeling tired or lagging.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of fluids such as water, green or black tea. It also gives you a feeling of being full. In addition, the liquid helps to flush out impurities from your body. You can drink half a gallon of liquid every day will you are on the hCG diet. Also, H2O gives your body energy and makes you feel rejuvenated. If you choose to drink tea, remember that you cannot sweeten the drink with sugar.
Foods to Eat During Phase Two of the hCG Diet
Dr. Simeon was very strict in what you could consume during Phase Two of the hCG diet. Here is an outline of what he wrote in his manuscript and what has become the hCG protocol followed by many to successfully lose two or three pounds per day and keep it off.
In the morning you will inject yourself with hCG.
- Breakfast: When you first wake up it is okay to have as much tea or coffee as you desire. You cannot sweeten the beverages with sugar, but you can use stevia products to make the beverage more palatable. Remember, drinking a large quantity of fluid fills you up and provides energy.
- Lunch: At lunch you can consume 100 grams of protein, a single type of veggie, and a piece of fruit.
- Dinner: Dinner is a simple repeat of lunch.
Foods for the hCG Diet
Here is an outline of the foods recommended by Dr. Simeon.
- Protein: You will consume 200 grams of protein per day on the hCG diet plan. You can choose from white fish, chicken, shrimp, lobster, and crab. Prior to preparing the protein items, always remove all visible fat. In addition, you should always weigh your meat raw. Cool the protein product by grilling or broiling. Never cook the items in fat. Cut the chicken away from the bone. Also, remember that Simeons’ protocol does not allow tuna, salmon, eel, dried or picked fish products.
- Vegetables: Your veggies can consist of celery, chard, beets, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, red radishes, cucumbers, fennel, asparagus, onions, and lettuce.
- Fruit: A few strawberries make a great sweet treat, also a small apple, or a half of a grapefruit are all okay on the hCG diet.
- Bread: You can only have one piece of Melba toast or a single breadstick per day.
Additional hCG Considerations
Dr. Simeons’ guidelines are very straightforward. If you use your hCG injections and follow the protocol, then you will lose weight.
Here are a few additional considerations:
- Each day, you can use one lemon to squeeze the juice into your water, tea, onto your fish, or salad to add extra zest to the beverage or meal.
- You can use certain spices such as salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, marjoram, sweet basil, mustard powder, or thyme to prepare your meals
- You cannot use any butter on your bread, salad, or meats.
- You are not allowed to cook in any oils.
- No salad dressings are allowed.
- You can drink tea, coffee, and water throughout the day in any quantity.
Understanding Food Substitutions
Dr. Simeons does not cover food substitutions in detail in his book. You can alter your meals though if you maintain a strict 500-750 calorie per day diet regime while you use your hCG injections.
Here are a few examples of alterations to the diet plan.
ü Substitute one large apple for two small ones. You can also do this with oranges.
ü If you do not like meat then you can consume a poached, boiled, or raw egg in place of the protein. If you eat three eggs, then you must remove the yoke from two of the eggs to keep from tipping the protein scale.
Weighing Your Foods Everyday
Dr. Simeons’ plan requires you to use a food scale and weigh your portions every meal. You can pick up a food scale at just about any supermarket or purchase one online. This is a great way to control how much food you consume and stick to the diet’s plan. Nowadays, many follow calories counting based on labels but a food scale with this diet plan is just as effective if not more successful.
Completing Phase Two of the hCG Diet
Depending on which protocol you choose, Phase Two will last either 26 or 43 days. Once you lose the weight, you will be ready to enter Phase Three where you learn to maintain your new svelte self.
Phase Three of the hCG Diet
Phase Three of the hCG Diet is called the Maintenance or Stabilization Phase. You will stop using your hCG injections and start to gradually increase your calorie intake. It is imperative that you continue to eat healthy and focus on customizing your body to the increased calories without regaining weight. By the time that you reach the final phase your body will readjust its metabolism. If you take things slow then you won’t regain the weight. However, if you do notice a weight gain of one pound then you must immediately evaluate your eating habits and the calories you are consuming. Sadly, many people mistakenly believe they can skip the maintenance period and instead of gradually increasing their calories they immediately start to eat high calorie foods. This is just setting yourself up for failure. You will immediately start regaining the weight. Please, if you take things slow and gradually increase your caloric intake, then you will eventually be able to consume 1500 calories per day without any weight gain.
Possible Side Effects of the hCG Diet
The hCG diet has been used for over 60 years by individuals looking to shed unwanted pounds. Its success is undeniable. However, even the best diet plans have possible side effects. Although rare, some users do experience headaches or bouts of fatigue at the beginning of the hCG diet. Usually, headaches and fatigue can be rectified by consuming more water. Dehydration can easily cause problems. Also, if you consumed sugary drinks then you might be going through a short withdrawal period as your body adjusts to the hCG injections, lower calories, and lack of sugar. In most cases, headaches and fatigue go away in less than a week of starting the hCG diet. Please remember, most hCG dieters never suffer any adverse side effects.
Possible side effects:
- Constipation: Your body has become accustomed to using a certain number of calories each day. Decreasing your caloric intake dramatically, such as during the hCG diet, can slow your bowel movements. You might mistakenly believe that you are constipated but, you’re ingesting far less food. Many hCG dieters only have a bowel movement every three or four days. It is imperative that you continue to drink plenty of fluids to hydrate your body and avoid constipation.
- Cravings: Your caloric intake will dramatically decrease when dieting. Also, you are probably used to eating a great deal of carbs. A low carb diet often leads to dizziness and cravings as your body starts to crave carbohydrates. Usually, the cravings go away within the first week.
- Headaches: A common side effect in the first week is headaches. Increase your water consumption and take an OTC aid to reduce any minor headache. If you are concerned, then contact the prescribing physician.
- Dizziness: During the first week of the hCG diet you might start to feel mildly dizzy, especially in the mid-afternoon hours when your body is crying out for a carbohydrate pick-up. Remember, the dizziness should never be so severe that you feel like you might pass out.
- Leg Cramps: Low potassium levels often cause cramping in the legs. If you are on the hCG diet and you start to feel cramping, then you might have to add a potassium supplement to your daily diet to find relief. If the supplement does not ease your cramps, then you need to consult with a doctor.
- Rash: As your body starts to burn fat the change can be very rapid. Your fat cells contain stored toxins. As the fat disappears the toxins are released and can cause a skin rash. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and relieve the rash. If the rash does not disappear then you might be suffering from an allergy or there could be some other cause.
Possible hCG Injection Side Effects
Injections hurt. There is no way around the pricking pain. Some people might also experience a slight bruising at the injection site, this is especially true if you injected the needle into the skin at an odd angle or with excessive force. To avoid unwanted bruising and pain then you should alternate sides every 24 hours.
Pregnancy Tests and hCG
If you are or plan on becoming pregnant then you should not undergo the hCG diet. However, if you are currently using the dietary protocol and think that you may be pregnant then please remember that hCG injections will normally cause a pregnancy test to render a faint positive result. If you are not pregnant and you are undertaking the hCG diet, then you should use birth control to prevent a possible pregnancy during such a physically trying time. Ideally, you should always wait until after the hCG diet to try to become pregnant.
The hCG diet is a revolutionary dietary plan that has helped people lose weight and keep it off for decades. The above ultimate guide to weight loss success with hCG injections are a great way to rid yourself of unwanted weight and gain the figure you desire.