Complete Diet Solutions offers safe, non-invasive elective medical services through our TeleHealth Patient Portal System hosted by Kareo. This is a HIPAA Compliant secure video chat and electronic chart system design to protect patient records while properly documenting diagnoses, medical services and any dispensing of medication and instructions.
The following is a guide for obtaining product and services from Complete Diet Solutions:
- Potential patient requests an elective medical service, by registering with Complete Diet Solutions Kareo account and completing all Consent for Treatment and Medical History Forms.
- The potential client schedules consultation with physician as part of registers and establishing patient portal through Kareo account. (Patient agrees by completing the registration and scheduling a consultation; patient will become a registered patient of physician within the state physician is Licensed.)
Medical records and initial consultation
- A physician evaluates the potential patients medical records.
- The physician consults with the potential patient via secure video chat hosted by Kareo.com. Physician documents the evaluation, adequately to diagnose the client as benefiting from our products and services.. The diagnosis is based on the clients medical history, information provided at time of evaluation, as well as the photo documentation.
- After review, the physician only issues a prescription after evaluating the Medical history, a TeleHealth evaluation, BMI charts, and blood work if available/necessary.
- After the above takes place, the patient is then charged for the consultation and fees for any services rendered within the Kareo.com platform cc processor. An order confirmation/receipt of purchase and tracking information for product shipped to patient is emailed directly to patient based on email address provided.
- Complete Diet Solutions staff will follow us with patient (i.e. phone call, email) and confirm that the patient understands the services and protocols, and has all the necessary materials, understands dosing directions, and any other necessary materials to administer and benefit from products and services.
- After the above takes place, the patient is then charged for the consultation and fees for any services rendered so far.
Informed Consent for Telemedicine/TeleHealth Services
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable health care providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
· Patient medical records
· Medical images
· Live two-way audio and video
· Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
- Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to initiate a visit and consult a healthcare practitioner at a distant/other sites.·
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a distant specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
· In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the physician and consultant(s);
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
· In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
By agreeing to this form, I understand the following:
- 1. I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- 2. I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- 3. I understand that I have the right to inspect all information obtained and recorded in the course of a telemedicine interaction, and may receive copies of this information for a reasonable fee.
- 4. I understand that a variety of alternative methods of medical care may be available to me, and that I may choose one or more of these at any time. My provider has explained the alternatives to my satisfaction.
- 5. I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- 6. I understand that it is my duty to inform my provider of electronic interactions regarding my care that I may have with other healthcare providers.
- 7. I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
Patient Consent To The Use of Telemedicine
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I hereby give my informed consent for the use of telemedicine in my medical care.